Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Travel Tips?

Okay, here's the deal...
My best friend's daughter, Addison, is turning 2 tomorrow!
We{all 3 of us} were suppose to go to their house in North Alabama tomorrow when Josh got off work.
{Spending the night, 6 Flags Friday, and Addison's BDAY PARTY Saturday}
Josh found out yesterday he has to work Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday -BOO! :(
Me & K are still going!
It's going to be about a 6 hour drive!
With just me and K...for 6 hours...
I am a little worried!ha!
If you don't know it, K is a fireball!
She loves to be on the go, all the time!

I need some travel tips, please!

We do plan to stop about 3 or 4 hours into the trip to watch Lindsey sing at another Biscuits game.
At that point, I do plan to change K into her pajamas and give her a bottle with lots of cereal {we haven't done that in MONTHS!}
I did load up on snacks and juice.
I even bought some Cheetos for when I get really, really desperate -ha!

Traveling at night is not an option because I get sleepy way too easily.
Any other travel tips are welcome and will be greatly appreciated!

And, a picture of the little fireball for the grands!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh gosh IDK...I'll just pray for a smooth trip for you!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I only take 2 hour trips every couple weeks so I don't have a whole lot of tips to offer. But portable dvd player. Feed her right before you get in the car and hope she sleeps.
That's about all I've got for you. I'm interested to hear any other advice though. We have a 14-1/2 hour drive we are taking in one day with an 11 month old in a month. I'm not looking forward to it. You'll have to tell me what worked on your trip.

PotterMama said...

Good luck! Be safe & have fun! We took our two girls on a 7 hour drive for the first time in april & i was also worried about how they were going to manage. But, with the dvd player, food & toys, they were great!