Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Desperate

Y'all, I am in total party planning mode!
With less than 3 months to go, I'm starting to freak out.
I have most everything figured out...almost.


I would really like Elmo to make an appearance at K's birthday.
 And, I know she would love it!!
In our hometown, you can rent the characters. I tried to get them to do it but we're too far now! :(
I contacted a local rental and they want a boat load of money for 15 minutes.. NOT HAPPENING!
I found this Elmo costume on e-bay, and it costs the same to buy it as it would to rent it from the local company.
However, it's still a lot of money.
And? I'm trying not to blow the bank on this party!

Second dilemma...
I found some super cute Sesame Street cups on etsy, they just cost another boat load of money.
I set out to find red sippy cups with a lid and straw,  that was a lot harder than I ever imagined.
Thanks to handy-dandy google & e-bay I found these babies and they shipped today!
{20 cups for cheaper than I could buy 5 on etsy!!!!}
The dilemma?
I really, really want to put Elmo's face on the cup.
I have a Sesame Street cricut cartridge, but it doesn't have just his face.

Here's where I need y'all...
I need information on any type of Elmo costume rental.
 Or, if you know of a cheaper place to buy the costume.
Next thing, I need somebody with Sure Cuts A Lot to help me with Elmo's face outline. I can do the nose & mouth, but I cannot get the eyes to look right!
(I can send you a picture of what I'm talking about..I just don't want to put the picture on my blog of the cups since I didn't purchase them)

Thanks from me and my Elmo loving girl! 

No comments: