Friday, December 10, 2010

Verbal Diarrhea

Um, yeah.
That's not a very classy title, I know, but neither were the offenders of the verbal diarrhea!

Case #1 -
K was a wee-little baby and we were shopping in JcPenney's. People were ohh-ing and awe-ing about her. That's just life with a baby! The next thing that took place, I couldn't make up...
We were checking out and there were 2 cashiers. They told us how cute she was and then asked her name.
"Kaidence"
"What?!"
"Kaidence!"
"Spell that..."
"K-a-i-d-e-n-c-e...!!!!"
...look of disgust and utter confusion.
Josh felt the need for further explanation and says, "It's like cadence which means beat, we just spell it different"
"What's her middle name?""Ashlen."
"Oh, GOOD! That's what y'all need to call her!"...silence from all Thames parties.
"When she grows up she is going to want to be called Ashlen, and she is going to hate y'all for naming her Kaidence.""WOW!"

*italics were the offenders, non-italics were innocent victims*


Case #2 -
Yesterday K & I had to go to the mall to pick up some things. We were minding our own business and I hear these two girls behind me talking...
"Oh.My.God! That bow looks ridiculous. I hate when women dress their babies like that...Only "white girls" put them ugly outfits on their babies. I would never dress my child like that. She looks ridiculous."
I looked at them and gave them the ugliest stank-eye I could.
{the outfit she was wearing..}


In both cases they were "talking about" K, but really talking about us.
We are the ones who named Kaidence, and the ones who buy her clothes/dress her.
It was seriously 2 of the most uncomfortable situations I have ever been in!
And, a little nugget..
"If you don't have something nice to say,
DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!"

 





3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!!! don't listen to a word people say! Love the name and love Everything you dress her in!

Mrs G said...

Ive had people aruge with me about how Elyse's mame is pronounced. The best is when they argue and tell me that they are identical, hello differnt parts, not identical. Some people baffle me.

Kassandra said...

Hey there! I randomly found you and thought I'd day hi! OMG seriously who talks about an innocent baby like that! I think her name is adorable along with her outfit! I guess people are always going to have an opinion just like you have your own, if they make themselves feel better praying on innocent people then they surely are miserable, rude tacky people.

I'd love to make some new friends on here, so please don't be a stranger!